April 5, 2011

365/60 Easy Face Moisturizer

Belated posting for Monday, April 4, 2010

I have been reading about the benefits of organic coconut oil and coconut milk and how great it is for your health. Just Google it and you will see. Anyway, I finally broke down and spent $8 on a 8oz jar. It smells wonderful and is great to cook with.

However I found another fabulous use for it. My face! I have tried lots of different moisturizers with no positive or lasting effects. For the last few years my face has been so dry and flaky and nothing seemed to make an impact.

I have a simple recipe that I have been using for four days now. Normally I would have to scrape off the dry spots/flakes before moisturizing every morning--ick. After only four days of using coconut oil, my face looks the best it has in a long time with very little to no flaking. There is no greasy residue when applied lightly. I have used less than a teaspoon so far, so an 8oz jar would last an incredibly long time. This makes Coconut Oil the best moisturizer I have used and the least expensive! And...I can eat it. LOL.

Coconut Oil Moisturizer
Ingredients: Organic Coconut Oil

How to Use:

  • Transfer one TBS of Coconut Oil into a small container (like those used for salad dressings when ordering take-out...mmm take-out)
  • After showering rub finger over coconut oil to soften it and apply all over face. It only takes a very small amount!
OR:
  • Clean face with Witch Hazel to moisten and clean it, then apply small amount of Coconut Oil to face
For really dry or flaky skin like mine:
  • Apply facial scrub (Depending on your dryness you might do this 2-3 times a week)
  • Apply small amount of Coconut Oil to face.
  • As the dryness and flakiness clears up, there will be less need for the facial scrub.
  • On non-facial scrub days clean face with Witch Hazel to moisten and clean it, then apply small amount of Coconut Oil to face.
It is so simple and works so well. Let me know if you try this and if it worked for you.

No comments: