January 8, 2011

365 Creativity Enema

January 8th and what did I make this week? Butkus! Nada! Gork! Nothing baby. IDK. Does that yummo French onion soup I labored over count? I didn't create the recipe (Got it from America's Test Kitchen on PBS), but I did mess with the way it was cooked. 4 hours in the oven? NFW. I'm a hungry woman needing lunch so I did it stove top in 1.5 hours. Yeah me. But uh, no creative items made. No wait, I turned a milk jug plug into a cat toy (just drop on floor)! You caught me, I did nothing. 

Why is it so hard to do what I know will give me energy and bring me back to life? Because no one likes an enema! Even a creativity one. It's been a hard year for my family, but still I want to move on or at least off that damn couch. I guess I am somewhat depressed. So I went to the book store (they have chocolate there).

Enter 365 A Daily Creativity Journal: Aha just what I need. Maybe. I'm gonna try it. Last year my amazing daughter bought me a great book Skull A Day. Noah Scalin decided to create a skull a day for a year to challenge his creativity. Amazing book. Yesterday in B&N, I was flipping through the pages of 365 A Daily Creativity Journal. It was Carolann who realized that the skull-a-day guy wrote the journal. Now I have to buy the book.

Questions from the 365 Journal Blog
1. Why did you decide to do this project?  I love to create things, anything, but really enjoy working with wire, glass, silly objects, enamels, metal, fabric, tools. I am a took junky. I drool in Home Depot. I like making jewelry, but have neglected that part of me for over a year now. I need to feed the artist something other than chocolate and buttered crackers, so this project seemed like the perfect buddy to keep me going.

2. How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? Don't really have an answer to that yet, but lets check back in a month. I am hopeful that I will create.

I will post back later with my creation and pics of It.

No comments: