January 8, 2011

365 Days: Day 1, Jewelry 4 the Milkman's Daughter

Yahoooweeeee! Ha! I did it! I created something really cool. While making my lunch (that French onion soup again) I started playing with milk jug plugs. I have been saving these things for about a year and every now and then throw one or five on the ground for the kitties to play with. They come from milk jugs and look like milk bubbles. I instantly saw (after a year) a necklace, ring, and earrings. I was most excited about the ring and am wearing it. Here is a pic of my ideas and the finished ring:




 Materials List:
  • milk jug plug
  • milk jug pull ring
  • 12 ga copper wire for rivets
  • 3-4 mm pearls
  • 24 ga sterling balled wires
Tools:
  • flush cutters
  • hammers
  • flat nose pliers
  • awl
  • push pin
  • ring mandrel

    No comments: